With Thanksgiving just days away, you’ve either made all of your ingredient purchases for this traditional feast, or like many, perhaps you are still procrastinating as to whether or not you will cook, throw a Friendsgiving Day, or take the super easy way out and go out to eat before hitting the pre-black Friday sales. So, if you’re for taking it easy, here’s a few ideas we’ve come up with, just for you!
Let’s start by being thankful for living at beautiful Collingwood Apartment community in Alpharetta. With the weather being a little on the chilly side Thanksgiving Day, why not sit back, relax and enjoy some downtime in front of your very own fireplace at Collingwood with a Sherpa Throw from Target or a faux fur comforter from nearby Pottery Barn at Avalon, just 5 minutes away from Collingwood, a/k/a home sweet home? These cozy comforters offer up a stylish way to stay warm, while adding to the warmth of your décor.
And, nothing says Thanksgiving like watching the Macy’s Day Parade to really get into the holiday spirit. Or, if TV is not your game, treat yourself to a good read and a premium bottle of wine from Vino Wine Store on Main Street just about 3.5 miles from Collingwood.
There’s plenty of nearby restaurants at Collingwood to enjoy Thanksgiving mealtime. Take out or eat in at most of the chains — perfect for two or a large group, let the staff at these restaurants worry about making the holiday banquet, setting and clearing the table and cleaning the dishes. Please note you are encouraged to call ahead and confirm the hours with specific locations.
Here’s our list:
- Buca di Beppo – Alpharetta, 2335 Mansell Road, Alpharetta
- Cracker Barrel, 5580 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta
- Golden Corral, 915 North Point Drive, Alpharetta
- IHOP, 870 N Main Street, Alpharetta
- La Casa Italian Grill, 37 Old Roswell Street, Alpharetta
- Macaroni Grill, 5045 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta
- Ruby Tuesday, 6055 North Point Parkway, Alpharetta
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Alpharetta, 11655 Haynes Bridge Road, Alpharetta
- Ted’s Montana Grill, 6100 1st St, Alpharetta
- Waffle House, 2940 Mansell Road, Alpharetta; 571 S Main Street, Alpharetta; 3319 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta
Lastly, if you feel the need to be pampered, waited on and doted over and not in the mood for chains (and want to venture inside the Perimeter), check out these nearby eateries accepting reservations (courtesy of Open Table).
- Del Frisco’s Grille – Atlanta, 3376 Peachtree Road
- Maggiano’s – Buckhead, 3368 Peachtree Road
- The Capital Grille – Buckhead, 255 East Paces Ferry Road
- Southern Art and Bourbon Bar, 3315 Peachtree Road NE
- The Palm Atlanta, 3391 Peachtree Road, NE (At the Westin Hotel Buckhead)
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Buckhead, 3285 Peachtree Road
- The Café & Bar at Mandarin Oriental, 3376 Peachtree Road NE
And as always, from all the staff at Collingwood, we wish a happy Thanksgiving and a happy holiday season. Please call the office if we can provide service over the Thanksgiving holiday or anytime you need us! 770-667-3211